Wednesday 11 April 2012

Dambuster Duathlon

12th March 2012

The Dambuster Duathlon was both The British Championships and a World Qualifier this year so it was no wonder it attracted over 800 athletes!  The standard was phenomenal! I was really nervous for this race as with it being the first one of the season I wasn’t really sure what form I was in.  My aims of the race were to run the first 10k steady, “rip it up” on the bike, finish in the top 4 of my Age Group to make the GB Team, and enjoy it.  I was pleased with my performance in the race and although I just missed out on qualifying, I stuck to my race plan and gave it everything on the day.  Despite being 3 minutes faster than last year (and that was with both runs being made longer & the bike course being very windy), I still missed out on a qualifying slot by 90 seconds but I will have another chance to claim my place in 2 weeks time at the Oulton Park Duathlon.....onwards & upwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment