Monday 20 August 2012

Midland Time Trial Series

Good news! The results have been confirmed for the Women's Midland Time Trial Series and with a first, a second, a third (and a course record!) I managed to finish 3rd overall! This has been a great series to be a part of and it's been a nice feeling to know I can give the cyclists a run for their money.  I also finished 2nd in the improvements table and many people have commented on how much I've improved this season......I just hope it continues!


This pic was taken at Mums back in Feb to help get a good TT position, all the hours on the turbo paid off (not sure about the socks though!)

In the Midland Sporting Courses Series, depsite being unbeaten, I am likely to finish 2nd overall as I can't fit anymore races into the season! With 7 events to score, it was always going to be tough to squeeze enough races in but again, I've loved being a part of the series and raced well over the 5 races that I've completed.

Time Trialling back in March

One thing I have definitely learnt about time trialling is that my preparation to detail is uselss! For example, the last race of the series I drove into Birmingham City Centre before realising I was definitely not in the right place for a time trial! A mad panic and a crazy rush to the correct location meant no warm up, feeling slightly frazzled, all my drink had gone in the way-too-long car journey and to top it all off, no skinsuit! I'd like to say this was the only race that this has happened, but this sort of preparation seemed to be a regular feature for my TTs! In this race, where I placed third, I was 5 seconds off 2nd.....something that's definitely achievable with better preparation!  If I do the series again next year, I hope to be much smarter in my approach.  Oh and my efforts got a little newspaper mention (despite the heading being about Bedford where I actually didn't race very well at all!). Now.....time to work on my running!

No comments:

Post a Comment