Sunday 26 August 2012

National Club Relays

Back in 2010 I raced with an all girls Rugby Tri Team and we finished an excellent 10th overall, last year I raced for my sponsored Linebreak mixed Team and we also finished an excellent 10th overall......but this was my first year in a mixed Rugby Tri Team 'Goodwin's Glory Hunters' along with Josie, Tom and Adam and it was brilliant! The club put out an impressive 14 teams (participation at it's best!!!) and the inter-club banter was fantastic!  I think we finished 3rd or 4th Rugby Tri Team which was excellent and it was an honour to race with the ever so laid back Tom, the always smiling Josie and the soldiering on Adam who had a sore calf.
James & Neil sneaking a cheeky run in
It was also so nice to see lovely supporters and old friends: Christa and Anne Marie and their respective other halves who must have been bitten by the sporting bug as I caught them out running before the races started!  My new buddies from Triks were also there with a spring in their step as usual and provided much support, love and banter!!  It's always nice to see my GB Age Group athlete girls from around the circuit too (sorry I didn't find you Helen for that toasted marshmellow!) and I must say a huge well done to the Absolute Tri Girls who finished 2nd overall, Jenny Latham for finishing 2nd overall in the mixed category and Danielle Stewart for finishing 3rd overall in the mixed category.  The talent of athletes was phenomenal.
Chris and I
I didn't race too hard at the relays as it was more of a good training tempo day out in the middle of a hard block of training for me and with the weather being so horrific at times the bike was a case of better to be safe than sorry so that proved to be more of a nice tootle than a hardcore effort (I felt so bad for Adam who was out on the bike when the heavens opened!).  Nevertheless it's always interesting to look at times to see if I'm heading in the right direction, and with a good run (finally!!) I can safely say that I am:


 

Swim

500m

Bike

9ish miles

Run

5k

Total

2010

8:17
(old course)

25:13

21:41

55:10

2011

9:26

23:38

21:12

54:16

2012

8:34

23:40

19:28

51:52

I hope everyone else enjoyed it as much as me :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment